Whenever we move, which is a hell of a lot, I really dread the unpacking. This time, however, we let the movers unpack all the boxes. It left us with crap lined all around the room against the walls, but it sure lightened the load of opening and unwrapping. Plus, they took all the paper and boxes with them. At first, it's like Christmas! Everything seems new because you haven't seen it in ages. For us, that's usually up to six months. I forgot I had that four tray buffet service, I cant wait to have a huge dinner party! And by the 15th box you're saying, Why do we have a never-before-used four tray buffet service? It gets to the point where I walk by the boxes because I am afraid to find more stuff. I don't know where to put ANOTHER dish/candle/dog print/seashell/lampshade!!! What I don't know can't hurl me into a state of decor distress!
We only lost a Platter that I bought in Mexico, which broke in a previous move as well. And, according to the checklist, there's supposed to be a lamp missing, which is probably a good thing considering my addiction to lamps and shades!
Some treasures that I found in our boxes that are hard to come by here in Chile are:
1. One of my favorite lines of cleaning products.
2. Brown Sugar
3. Various liquors (way too expensive here). SHHHHHHH, I don't think they were supposed to pack these!
4. Heavy duty paper towels. Paper towels here are short and not so absorbent.
5. All my shoes. Apparently, size nine is too gigantic for any store in Chile to seriously carry!
6. Four rolls of Charmin... for special occasions.
7.
Everybody drinks instant coffee. Espresso and coffee are scarce and very expensive.
8.
Essential!
Love the Aji (a smokey chili sauce) here, but some Chilean food could stand to be taken up a notch in the spicy department. (In my humble opinion)
9.
10.
It's springtime here, and I've got major allergies. You can just see the pollen floating around outside. Love "Poofs Ploos", and it is nowhere to be found here.
A special thank you to Target for all my stockpiling needs! Including, but not limited to, your fabulous and affordable Up & Up brand medications and drugstore sundries.
It's great to be home, and I love the apartment!
Loving this look. Duct tape and your favorite sheet!
(Hopefully the curtains will show up within the year!)
I tagged along on a business trip to Santiago with my husband. Needed a break from the cardboard fumes and heavy lifting! Here's the view from the hotel. The mountains always amaze me.





Hi! Good tip on having the movers unpack everything. Will have to do that next time. So glad you like your apartment.
ReplyDelete#9. 'Nough said!
ReplyDeleteI have that same blue Hawaiian Pottery Barn quilt!!!
ReplyDeleteEmilee, you have excellent taste!!!
ReplyDelete