My new favorite place here is the feria, or farmer's market. It's in the dry bed of the Rio Marga Marga on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and it's HUGE! Never have I seen so much fresh food. There are seafood stalls and flower stands, too!!!!
So much selection and variety along with friendly vendors. The prices are so low, and a friend showed me around and introduced me to her "caseros" or vendors she recommends and uses.
I bought all my ingredients for ceviche, including fresh ginger. The reineta (white fish) was fileted for me and skinned.
Can't wait to go back!
We're traveling south next week to the lake region and upper Patagonia. So excited to see volcanoes and penguins. Post to follow!



Oh. My. God. Could I be more jealous?
ReplyDeleteFeria has just become my new favorite word.
And Patagonia? I have no words for the green seeping thru my veins!