25.1.11

Southern Chile (Part I)



We just got home from a loooong and wonderful trip to the south.  We logged about 2,000 miles and now have a much better perspective of the geography of Chile.  We stayed in some very unique places and had quite an adventure!




Kuntsmann Brewery and restaurant in Valdivia.  Are we still in Chile?






Creepy German mannequin family.











 Lake Llanquihue







 Araucaria, or monkey puzzle tree.



Excellent German/Chilean food!




Teatro del Lago





 Early stages of the beard.



 


This is what the lake and Osorno volcano look like on a clear day!



 












 Puerto Varas.






 They never stopped performing!





 






Puerto Varas, Iglesia del Sagrado Corazon.




Fly fishing country





Mimi the three legged dog, I so wanted to take her home!



Our hotel was originally a farmhouse built by German immigrants and is run by the descendants.



Spooky family pictures.



 Lots o' taxidermy including a puma that had been in the area.



 The barn









 Amazing place to stay for families. Fresh milk from the dairy and eggs from the chickens for breakfast, along with homemade Kuchen!






Wait...what the hell is this nightmare inducing thing?



 Mimi & co. (she was always sitting on that other dog).







 Back in the saddle again!





 Chapel on the property.





Coming soon, Part II...

2 comments:

  1. Great pics. I especially like the peacho in the circle pics.

    What was your horse's name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures! How fun! We miss you all!

    ReplyDelete