25.10.10

Perfect Pasta Salad




Emeril's Macaroni Salad

Okay, first of all I don't really like pasta salads, second I've never 
really been an Emeril fan, and third I don't like capers. That is, until now!
 I cannot get enough of this pasta salad!! I've already made it twice this month.
Thank you Stacie for serving this and giving me the recipe!




Ingredients

  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 pound elbow macaroni
  • 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into strips
  • 1 small shallot, minced
  • 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium tomato, chopped
  • 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (2 ounces)
  • 1/4 cup pitted Cerignola olives (or your favorite olives), sliced
  • 2 tablespoons capers
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley


Directions

  1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook macaroni until al dente. In a small skillet, cook prosciutto over medium until crisp; discard fat. 
  2. Combine shallot, vinegar, and mustard in a large bowl; whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream. Add tomato, cheese, prosciutto, olives, and capers.
  3. Drain pasta; add to bowl with tomato mixture, and toss. Add parsley; season with salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature, and serve.  
   Notes: I used serrano ham (which I am dangerously becoming addicted to), but I really wouldn't substitute bacon because it will be too overpowering. 
Also, I used balsalmic vinegar, omitted the olives, and added more tomato and capers. 
Most pastas like the smaller penne, fusilli, or gemelli would work.

Buen Provecho!

 Emeril's Macaroni Salad recipe found here.





3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing it. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lis,
    I made your tomato/garlic/angel hair pasta dish that you made for me at your house. Turned out great and Josh loved it!

    ReplyDelete