I am constantly rearranging our bar. Lately, I have been impressed with all the cool and sophisticated bar set-ups on Pinterest. This is what mine looks like (right now). However, I am really digging the carts on wheels and the open shelved ones. Maybe after kids!
My bar in this apartment is actually a kitchen island I bought years ago for our tiny kitchen in Virginia. The pale-blue siphon behind the bottle of Pernod is something I found in a flea market in Buenos Aires. The wine jugs are all over Chile. I keep our Chilean corks in a smaller one. The pitcher was made in Peru (but bought in Chile). Dog from England, silver tray from a US Navy ship. And the Delft fishing-scene flower vase, that I had always LOVED growing up in our house, was given to me by my mom. When I look at a scene like this it triggers many memories, and the sum ends up being greater than its parts... if that makes sense.
All images from Pinterest
Bachelor pad bar
Rustic
Silver cups!
Love the glasses!
Bamboo carts give off that colonial feel; of cool gin and tonics on the veranda.
Where can I get those amber champagne flutes?
Simple and symmetrical









Ok, LOVE the second to last shot (and not just b/c I have that wine fridge and basket). Also, LOVE the poster/print(?) in the first bamboo cart pic. Sadly, it is too modern for my (soon-to-be) restored farm house. Dig the WHOLE look of the pic with the silver lamp and am now re-thinking how to use my shipboard dining table that was salvaged of a Norwegian, steel-hulled cruiser. The colors of the teak are identical and the narrow profile and "bumpers" would perfectly serve a bar. Thanks for all these ideas!! I would never have put this much thought into it a bar (which is very very strange for me). I do; however, have the buffet planned, but would certainly not mind a post for that! :)
ReplyDeleteI think your bar was the best by far. Love it!
ReplyDelete